Intensive English Language Program
Overview of Program:
This academic program is designed to serve students whose native language is not English and who are interested in improving their English skills in order to enroll in academic college classes. Potential students must possess basic academic English language processing skills that allow for sufficient classroom communication and an understanding of materials. Moraine Valley Community College's IELP Program is for those whose first language is not English.
- classes meet five days each week
- one to four hours of instruction each day
- personal attention to your progress
- develop skills quickly with practice
- prepare for college-level English classes
Beginning, intermediate, and advanced-level English classes are offered. Reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills are emphasized.
For more information, English Language Learners