Opportunities for Top-Achieving Students
Explore. Engage. Excel.
Enrich your college experience at Moraine Valley. We offer a challenging, curriculum coupled with plenty of opportunities to connect with other students, who like you, are passionate about learning.
Scholars Save Dollars
Are you one of the top students in your high school graduating class? You could qualify for a Distinguished Scholar Award, which covers in-district tuition, college activities fee, technology fee, and student ID fee at Moraine Valley. This award is open to residents of Moraine Valley district who graduate high school with a cumulative class rank in the top 10 percent of the graduating class at the end of the seventh or eighth semester.
Contact: Moraine Valley Financial Aid Office, email@example.com
Learn course content in a way that focuses on leadership and teamwork, critical thinking, campus and community engagement, and an understanding of your own learning abilities. To be eligible to enroll in the Honors Program as an entering freshman, you will need to meet at least two of the following prerequisites:
- 3.2 GPA from your high school
- An ACT score of 25 or SAT composite score of 1050
- Completion of at least one Advanced Placement course with an "A" or "B" (AP score 4)
- Graduation in the top 10 percent of your high school class
You are encouraged to join the Honors Program prior to New Student
Orientation so you can enroll in honors classes. Enrollment in the Honors
Program, however, is not limited to first-semester freshmen.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (708) 974-5643.
Student Ambassador Program
Give campus tours, represent the college at events, share your Moraine Valley experience with prospective students, and more. To be considered, you need to have a GPA of 3.0 or better, have earned a minimum of 12 credit hours (dual credit hours count), and be registered at Moraine Valley for upcoming semester.
Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
Develop leadership skills, be a part of an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, get inspired by lively fellowship for scholars, and share a mutual interest in continuing academic excellence. To be eligible for membership, you must
- Be currently enrolled part- or full-time at Moraine Valley
- Have earned at least 12 credit hours at Moraine Valley
- Have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Pay a one-time membership fee prior to be inducted
Contact: Demetrius Robinson, Advisor, Phi Theta Kappa, email@example.com
Share Your Talents
Other opportunities for top-achieving students.
- Take a leadership role in a club
- Get involved Student Government Association
- Express yourself on the Forensics (Speech) Team
- Match wits against other schools in the College Bowl
- Write for The Glacier student newspaper or Mastodon literary magazine
- Tutor others in the Academic Skills Center or the Speaking and Writing Center
If you're a top-achieving student and ready to take your college experience to the next level, contact us today!