Job Seeker Information
Plan, prepare and practice.
Bring plenty of resumes and dress for success!
- Arrive early to review employer information.
- See companies from different industries such as accounting, IT/computer support, administrative, allied health, customer service, distribution, firefighters/paramedics, food service, landscaping, law enforcement, management, marketing, social work and much more.
- Students and job seekers: A basic resume is required for admission. Bring plenty of resumes for employers. For information, see our handouts. For more assistance, call the Job Resource Center at (708) 974-5737.
- Attend a JRC workshop like "Best Use of Job Fairs"
- Bring plenty of resumes
- Dress professionally in business attire (no jeans, gym/lounge wear, gym shoes or T-shirts).
- Your 30-second "me" commercial for your friends and family
- Your handshake (make it firm)
- Your eye contact (keep it casual)
Check out our Resources for information on resumes, interviewing and much more.
Day of Fair Information
- Please remember to bring plenty of resumes (one resume is your admission ticket).
- Please remember to dress professionally in business attire (no jeans, gym/lounge wear, gym shoes or T-shirts).
- Allow yourself extra time to find parking.
- Arrive early.